You are hereFrequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Antikythera Mechanism
- What is it?
- Where is it?
- Why is it so important?
- Is the Antikythera Mechanism a fake?
- Is it existence evidence of time travel?
- Was it left by aliens?
- How was it found?
- How was it recovered?
- When was the ship wrecked?
- What was it made of?
- How was it made?
- Where was it made?
- Who made it?
- Were there others?
- Why haven't we found any others?
- How many gears does it have?
- What does it do?
- What was it for?
- Why has it taken so long to find out what it does?
Questions related to the history of Astronomy and the periods displayed on the Antikythera Mechanism
- What does it tell us about Greek Astronomy?
- Does it favor a Heliocentric, or Geocentric Universe?
- What is a Parapegma?
- What are the Sidereal, Synodic, Tropical, Anomalistic and Draconic months?
- What are the Metonic and Callipic Cycles?
- What are the Saros and Exeligmos cycles?
- What are the Lower Back Dials "Glyphs"?
- What is the Sothic year?